Qualifying For A VA Home Loan in Texas
Despite the Department of Veteran Affairs offering lucrative terms on home loans, not even 12% of military veterans have taken advantage of it. The primary reason for such low participation is that many veterans are unaware of the loan programs and if they qualify. Most have instead opted for loans offered by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). However, with the sharp increase in mortgage insurance premiums on FHA loans in 2014, the demand for VA loans has risen.
To apply for a VA Loan you will have served in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard or Coast Guard for a minimum of 90 days. Additionally, for VA Loans in Texas, you must meet the following criteria:
• You are an active military serviceman looking for a permanent change of station (PCS) to Texas
• You are an active military person and already living in Texas
• You had a home in Texas when you entered the military
• You had a home in Texas when you left the military
• Your home has been in Texas for at least a single day
• You intend to use the home as the primary residence
If you satisfy the above criteria, you may be eligible to apply for a VA home loan. If you are retired, be ready with your DD214 Form to apply for the loan. If you are an active military person, a statement of service will be needed to start the application process.
If you are a veteran, you deserve all of the benefits a VA Loan has to offer. Contact one of our VA Loan experts today to learn more.